Some examples of Deep North’s Products include:
- Cloud-based Software as a Service (“SaaS”) products used to analyze data and to provide laboratory information management, among other uses.
- Software installed on customer computers used to analyze data and to provide laboratory information management, among other uses.
- Information system hardware (e.g., servers, storage, processors) used in conjunction with our products.
- Analytics and visualization capabilities associated with our products.
- Analysis of video content provided by our customer’s camera or video acquisition infrastructure.
- Applicability of Other Deep North, Inc. Privacy Policies
- Personal Information We Collect
We collect various types of information from you, including information you voluntarily provide us and information we automatically collect from your use of our Services. For instance, in order to access certain portions of the Services, order Products, or even use some Products you may be required to first register with us. You may be asked to provide your contact information (e.g., name, institution/company, address, phone number, email, username, etc.).
We may also attend conferences and trade shows where we collect personal information from individuals who interact with or express an interest in Deep North and/or the Services. In addition, we may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you.
Information we automatically collect about your use of our Services may, for example, include:
- Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- The content you access.
- The functions, products, or services you use on the Services and purchasing history.
- Your device’s operating system.
- Up-time and other usage statistics about the Services.
- Cookies, web beacons, and related technologies.
- Location information.
- Your device’s unique identifier (e.g., CPU serial number).
- Web browser used.
- The date and time of your visit to the Services or use of the Product.
- How Personal Information is Collected
- How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information collected:
- To provide and operate the Services.
- To improve the Services, including any applications, products, services, and software available through them.
- For marketing purposes.
- To store your interests and preferences in order to customize your use of the Services.
- To communicate with you (such as for product support and billing issues).
- To authenticate users.
- To compile and analyze trends.
- To carry out transactions.
- To pursue our legitimate interests (e.g., direct marketing, research (including marketing research), information and network security, and fraud prevention).
- For other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
- We also may aggregate the information collected with information from other customers and users of the Services, or other products and services for analysis such as to determine user and performance trends. Generally, any such aggregation will involve data that has been de-identified such that it can no longer be used to identify you.
- Sharing of Personal Information
Service Providers. We may share the personal information we collect with our third-party service providers. The types of service providers to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for: (i) the provision of the Services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) invoice processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) the provision IT and related services.
Business Partners. We may provide personal information to business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also provide personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear along with ours.
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iii) to collect amounts owed to us; (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (v) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
- Your Choices
General. You may have the right to object to or opt out of certain uses of your personal information. Where you have consented to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us as described below.
“Do Not Track”. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Cookies. You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
- Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your personal information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”); (iv) restrict our uses of your personal information; (v) seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly processed personal information; and (vi) request erasure of personal information held about you by Deep North, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, Deep North will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
- Retention of Collected Information
- Security of Collected Information
We are committed to protecting the security of the information collected, and we take reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to help protect the information from unauthorized access, use, and/or disclosure. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unauthorized access, use and/or disclosure.
- Deep North, Inc. is a Global Company Headquartered in the U.S.
Deep North is headquartered in the United States. You acknowledge and agree that any information you provide or we may collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States and other countries or territories. The laws and regulations of these countries and/or territories may not offer the same level of data protection as the country where you reside. A list of Deep North, Inc’s global offices is available at www.deepnorth.com.
- Privacy Shield
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Deep North, Inc is committed to resolving complaints or concerns you may have about privacy or how your personal information is used. You may contact us at email@example.com or at Deep North, Inc, Inc., 3410 E 3rd Ave, Foster City, CA 94404, Attention: Legal Department.
If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved with us directly, you may contact our independent dispute resolution provider, the International Centre for Dispute Resolution/American Arbitration Association for resolution (http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html).
Deep North, Inc, Inc. is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) with respect to the Privacy Shield. Under certain conditions you may invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel.
- Links, Third-Party Applications and Software
- Supervisory Authority
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
The Services are not directed towards minors and we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors that use the Services.
- Contact Us
Note to Deep North: I checked the Privacy Shield website and Deep North is not listed as an active participant in the Privacy Shield program.
Deep North should not make any public representations about its status under Privacy Shield until the Dept. of Commerce approves its application. There have been recent enforcement actions on this point. (see: https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2018/07/california-company-settles-ftc-charges-related-privacy-shield)